President Obama will travel to Brazil, Chile and El Salvador from March 19-23. This will be his first trip to Latin America as either a private citizen or public official. Among the issues to watch, in Santiago, he is expected to deliver an address to Latin America modeled after his Cairo speech in June 2009.
Population: 7.2 Million
Total Imports: $9.0 Billion
US Imports: $3.1 Billion (34%)
Like the rest of Central America, El Salvador offers an open market for U.S. goods and services. Tariffs are relatively low, and were reduced further with the implementation of CAFTA-DR.
The U.S. dollar is the official currency. El Salvador enjoys excellent macroeconomic stability, low inflation, and one of the lowest interest rates in Latin America.
- Automotive Parts and Service EquipmentDental Equipment
- Food Processing and Packaging Equipment
- Machinery for finishing paper and paperboard for packaging, bakery machinery,
- machinery for the manufacture of macaroni, machinery for the manufacture of confectionery, cocoa or chocolate, machinery for filling, closing, sealing, labeling bottles, and wrapping paper.
- Hotel Supplies and Equipment